Support Services
Home > Bureaus > Support Services > Records > FAQ
Records Division

Where do I go to get a copy of a police report?
We are located on the 1st floor of the Winter Haven Police Department, 125 North Lake Silver Drive, NW, Winter Haven, Florida. The Public Records window is open Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. We are closed on all official government holidays.

Copies of all police reports and documents open to public access are available from the Records Section. There is a charge of 15 cents per page for single copies and 20 centers for double-sided copies. Please allow 5 to 10 working days after an incident, arrest, or accident for processing before attempting to obtain a copy of a report.

Are police reports available to anyone?
Yes, with very few limitations such as juvenile information, the identity of a victim of a sexual offense or domestic violence and reports containing information about open or ongoing investigations. Nearly all police reports are available to anyone.

Am I entitled to police report information about my neighbor’s activities?
Florida Public Records Law allows anyone to request police report information about any individual.

Can I get information about criminal activity in my neighborhood?
Yes. A crime activity "grid" can be run for a specific period of time. We also encourage residents to utilize Crime Reports, a FREE service that is provided through this website. (See link below in Online Services)

May I use police report information to solicit business from the victims of crimes?
No. Public Records Law prohibits the use of police report information for the commercial solicitation of victims of crimes.


 Online Services
\ Crime Reports
Crime Reports allows residents to stay informed about crime in your neighborhood. This is a great community awareness tool to target a specific location and timeframe. Log on HERE to be more informed.
Sexual Predators
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement opens this resource to users in order to enter any address in Florida and search the Florida Sexual Offender/Predator Registry. A map is also available. Log on HERE to start the search.
Purchase Accident Reports
If you need to obtain an accident report that occurred in the City of Winter Haven, you can obtain one from the convenience of your home. Click HERE to begin a search for the report. (Please note there may be a fee associated with this service)
Inmate Search
All arrestees in Polk County are taken to the Polk County Jail and booked into that facility. Click HERE to access the Polk County Sheriff's site for inmate information.

Strategic Plan

We are pleased to present our first multi-year Strategic Plan. This document will guide our efforts as we strive to ensure the safety of our community and enhance the leadership and management of the Department...
• Strategic Plan


Do you feel like you have what it takes to become a member of the Winter Haven Police Department?
• Employment and Recruitment


Follow Us



Terms of Use | Privacy Statement © 2013 Winter Haven Police Department. All rights reserved